Ubuntu-based malware

Dale quail.linux at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 22:33:12 GMT 2009

2009/12/14 Paul Gear <paul at libertysys.com.au>:
> Backups and common sense are your most valuable allies!

And the common sense one is basically don't download and install stuff
from a 3rd party that you don't know and/or trust.  Myself I am weary
of 3rd party repositories even when they have a gpg signature.

One thing I have noticed is that when a distro like Ubuntu is/still
gaining in popularity there has/is more 3rd party repositories popping
up too.

Best advice I can give is that if you start to question yourself/bad
feeling on installing something from a 3rd party site/repository it
best just not to do it.

Regards
Dale
--
[WWW] http://quail.southernvaleslug.org/
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level