Solving a Klog program error

Dave Hall dave.hall at
Fri Dec 11 02:29:09 GMT 2009

Hi Geoffrey,

On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 08:15 +1000, Geoffrey wrote:
> I use Klog, an amateur radio logging program which I installed initially
> under 9.08. When I upgraded to Karma 9.10 this program was updated
> evidently because it added a ? button after the call sign entry field.
> Clicking ? while connected to the Internet connects to where one
> can find details on the owner of the call sign (by the way my call sign
> is VK4GWC). As radio amateurs are licensed in every country in the world
> has every call sign in its database. Usually one goes to
> and enter a call sign. The intention of the ? button is to take one
> directly to the details.
> Now I come to the error.
> Klog calls up URL That was fine once, but a
> few years ago found that lacking (reasons are given by them at
> their website). Rather they chose:
> I insert the db and all is well, but it would be nice to get that fixed.
> Maybe its already fixed and I need the latest version.. I visited the
> Klog website but couldn't find a way of communicating with them. I'll
> have another go but meanwhile any suggestions from members would be
> appreciated. On the face of it correction would seem to be a simple
> change, but no doubt there is more work to do than changing a line of
> code.

You can file a bug report against the ubuntu package at and they are
likely to pass it on to upstream or possibly patch it themselves.

Most of the body of this message along with the output of the following
2 commands "uname -a" and "dpkg -l | grep klog" should be enough for
them to get the info they need.