LPI101/102 course

Frode Egeland egeland at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 13:07:47 BST 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 21:39, George
Patterson<george.patterson at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/8/26 Tom Sparks <tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au>:
>> I am looking at doing the LPI101 and LPI102 courses, but I am interested in how well it can be used to get employment in Australia?

> If you look at job ads for linux system administration, the ad will
> more likely mention Redhat certification rather than LPI.
>
> The other thing is that the LPI101/102 are fairly straight forward but
> basic. Working towards LPI201/202 would be of more value to
> prospective employers.

Speaking as a LPI 1 (101/102) alumni (self-study, no course), it's
been mentioned exactly once in my job hunting, by a recruiter for a
job I didn't get.

I suggest a RHCE will attract more attention, but an LPI 2 or 3 might
also be worth it.
I'm considering getting the Ubuntu add-on to my LPI, and either
getting the LPI 2 or RHCE on top of that.

Cheers,
Frode