Mobile Broadband for 9.04?

Lisa Milne lisa at ltmnet.com
Tue Aug 18 05:30:47 BST 2009

Regardless of what they say, most mobile broadband works out of the box,
plug in the modem, network manager pops up a configuration dialogue,
select provider, give login details, click connect and you're online.

At the moment I'm using 3 and my girlfriend is using bigpond nextG.

The only tricky thing I've had is the bigpond device needed to have a
command sent to it from windows before it would work on 'nix.

And vodafone have their own software for mobile broadband devices on
Linux too.

hth,
Lisa

On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 13:12 +1000, opm595 wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> Just wondering if anyone can help me with advice on going mobile
> (broadband) with 9.04. I'm hoping it's actually possible, because my
> current mobile phone provider (Vodafone) has said noway are they
> looking at servicing anything other then MS, between now and this time
> next millennium. So, just thought someone here might be able to point
> me in the right direction.
> Thanks in advance.
> Regards,
> Rob

> Local Id: OPM595
> Email: opm595 at yahoo.com.au
> PO Box 190, Narellan NSW 2567 Australia
>
> Aude aliquid dignum  - "Dare Something Worthy"

OzeeCommunity
Your Land, Your Community
http://www.ozeecommunity.com.au