Ubuntu Netbook Remix and Maximus

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 08:49:06 BST 2009

2009/4/2  <chris at adebenham.com>:
> Actually - just realised that maximus my be checking the 'WM_CLASS' setting.
> You can find that by running "xprop | grep WM_CLASS" but not all
> applications set that xproperty

These are the instructions that I got from the developer when Eclipse
was doing the same thing (on its splash screen):

"Hmm, it seems it doesn't set the correct window_type hint hence maximus
doens't know that it's a splashscreen.

Can you please run

$ xprop | grep WM_CLASS

in a terminal,click on the splashscreen and then paste the output here
please.

It is a bit tricky to do this due to the distinct lack of space on the
screen, so I normally:

- Set the terminal window to be "Above all windows"
- Run the command in the terminal
- Alt+F2 and type in prgram name
- click on the splashscreen

Thanks.