live vs alt install cd

James Takac p3nndrag0n at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 03:15:17 BST 2009

Hi Guys

Just wondering if there's a simple way to tell what systems might need the
alternate cd to install as opposed to the live cd. I'm trying to install on a
friends (hardy) which has a celeron and both hdd and optical drives are sata.
The install cd is fine though it keeps throwing up errors on that system when
installing. It boots fine to the desktop. I know the cd is fine cuz it was
used to install on another of my systems later with complete success and no
errors. I just downloaded the alternate cd and so will try that next on her
system. Also are there other things I should look out for that may lend clues
as to which cd may be needed. I know of the AMD processors for example

Thx
James