Mythbuntu 8.01 DVB Hardware Issue

Simon Ives simon at simonives.info
Sat Sep 6 08:20:22 BST 2008

No need to worry about my previous question.  I changed the apt sources
to iiNet, my ISP, and performed an upgrade (108 items, and something I
had to do first as the default repo didn't have the ATI driver while the
iinet repo did).  After restarting the system my DVB card was
recognised.  What I now have to do is go and get an nVidia graphics
card.  My wife's older ATI won't function properly with Mythbuntu.
Recordings play back fine but live TV, especially HDTV, is so choppy
it's ridiculous!
Thanks.
--

Simon Ives

simon at simonives.info
www.simonives.info

Please consider the environment before printing this email or any
attachments.