Hardy Heron for the eeepc

JeanW jeanweber at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 00:05:24 GMT 2008

Just wanted to thank everyone again for their help and let you know
the results.

Someone sent me a CD with Ubuntu-eee on it and instructions on how to
install using a USB stick. My stick gave error messages, and I didn't
have another one, so I used the same instructions to install using an
SD card. That worked perfectly, and I'm now happily using Ubuntu on
the Eee. I like it a lot better than the original o/s. ;-)

And this whole discussion finally got me into action to upgrade my
iinet account to a higher speed. I don't notice much difference with
ordinary websurfing, but on downloads -- woo! Nice. :-)

Cheers, Jean