Fresh Install in partition#1

Junin Toiro junin.toiro at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 01:21:35 BST 2008

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 9:41 AM, The Wassermans <dwass at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> I am running a dual boot system. XP &, of course Ubuntu. (Unfortunately
> I need to retain access to XP for certain software that is not
> replaceable (yet) with Linux stuff.)
>
> I am contemplating a fresh re-install of XP into the Windows partition.
> Is there anything special I need to do to ensure my Ubuntu partition
> remains unaffected?
>
> Dave W

Four things you need to be careful of...

1. Always be sure to have a backup of your data if things go awry.

2. Make sure you have a ubuntu cd handy.

3. When reinstalling Windows, be sure to reinstall it on the same
partition containing Windows, not your ubuntu partition(s).

4. Windows will overwrite the MBR, removing grub. Just follow this
link to repair it.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RecoveringUbuntuAfterInstallingWindows

Voila. ;)

--