Ubuntu webcam drivers & Skype

Andre Mangan andremangan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 00:05:36 BST 2008

2008/10/15 The Wassermans <dwass at optusnet.com.au>

> I recently installed Skype (for Linux) and it works very well.
>
> There is a problem with the webcam in as much as it tends to zoom in
> after a few minutes.  There is much chatter on the web about this and
> it's a known irritation to Skype users.  Something to do with the driver
> Skype installs automatically.
>
> My webcam is a Logitech Quickcam Communicate STX.
>
> Please tell me:
>
> 1. Does someone "out there" know of a solution?

Sorry, I don't.

2. How do I find out which drivers are being used by Ubuntu at any time?

You can get a listing of all the drivers in the kernel in your System
Profiler which you will find under Applications, System Tools.  Check the
Kernel Modules heading.   That is, of course, if you have System Profiler
installed.

Andre