Evolution bug - #273736

Christopher Lees christopher_lees at iprimus.com.au
Fri Nov 14 11:31:31 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-13 at 12:00 +0000, Peter Kukums wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> after upgrading to Intrepid my Evolution often will not offer to  open
> attachments with the right application, i.e. only offers to save the
> attachment. I see that on Launchpad this bug has already been logged and
> it is supposedly fixed on 16/10/2008.
>
> My question is, how long does a fix usually take to get through to the
> update repositories as my version of Evolution has not been updated yet,
> and my system checks for updates daily?

There is an additional repository called Proposed. If you go to System >
Administration > Software Sources, you can enable "intrepid-proposed"
updates, which give you update packages that are less well-tested.

Be aware that Proposed packages could break your system in the same sort
of way that Ubuntu packages have done before they created the Proposed
repository (i.e. Xorg not working). I have been up-to-date with Proposed
for about a week, with no ill effects. (it's exciting!).

I don't remember seeing an Evolution update; the problem you describe
might be fixed for Jaunty, but not for Intrepid. Or the new package
might not have been uploaded to Intrepid-Proposed yet. Or it was and I
missed it.

Chris Lees