Remove Windows Thumbs.db Files

Simon Ives simon at simonives.info
Fri Nov 7 11:36:54 GMT 2008

I've just copied a directory from my wife's Windows XP box to my Hardy
file server in preparation to reformat her PC to run Ubuntu solely.  As
I copied the entire directory (her Windows XP user directory) along came
some annoying and unnecessary Windows files, specifically a whole heap
of files called Thumbs.db.  I'm looking for a way to delete ALL of the
Thumbs.db files from ALL of the sub-directories in as few commands as
possible.

There are about 700 directories in the "My Music" directory alone, most
containing Thumbs.db files.  I don't really want to have to enter each
directory and remove them individually.

Thanks.
--

Simon Ives

simon at simonives.info
www.simonives.info

Please consider the environment before printing this email or any
attachments.