To the experts and the "fanatic" supporters...

Victor Vahe Kevorkian vivakevian at gmail.com
Fri May 9 05:10:32 BST 2008

I am spending hours and days in Forums to attempt solving the problems that
came with the installation of
Hardy Heron Ubuntu 8.04.
My sincere apologies if I am a bit sarcastic being awfully disappointed with
this new version of Ubuntu.
I experienced many frustration with Ubuntu 6.06, 7.04 and 7.10 but my hope
that 8.04 would
progress to a level of competence has been shattered.
I have no SOUND, no VIDEO, no USB and so on and on.
I like the challenge to search the Forums and look for solutions and I will
continue to do so.
Yesterday I came across the following entry on "how to Install VirtualBox +
USB";
" 1 Day Ago
Daflame

Re: How To: Install VirtualBox on Ubuntu 8.04LTS (Hardy Heron) [Tutorial]
For those of you that still want to run the open source edition virtualbox
from the Hardy repos you still can, but you will need an updated
virtualbox-ose-modules package. I have built such a package (I was tired of
waiting for the developers to release it. However, I have noticed that they
just committed a package to the universe proposed repos yesterday so if you
want these packages you can have them, but I suspect in two days everything
will work again.
__________________
Sometimes the best solution to a windows problem is to format and install
Ubuntu instead."

I searched for "updated virtualbox-ose-modules package" and "universe
proposed depos" in Google with no avail.
Will it be possible to have help if someone knows about this?
As far as the sound goes, my sound card's driver is not recognised (although
its on the listing of my Hardware).
I had sound with previous versions for my 3000 classical pieces. Where did
it go?
Well, since I let out all the accumulated displeasure, please forgive me.
I will continue searching for the solutions if my health will permit.
Thank you for reading.