Flash - it hurts! Make it stop! :-(

Paul Gear paul at libertysys.com.au
Thu May 8 03:23:18 BST 2008

Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> On Mon, 5 May 2008 at 20:53, Melissa Draper <melissa at meldraweb.com> wrote:
>> Dave Hall wrote:
>
> +1
>
> NoScript rocks my world. Most sites do not need
> Flash/JavaScript/Silverlight/etc. to be usable. Blocking those elements often
> makes pages faster and more navigable. It also has the added side-effect of
> blocking many advertisements.

I already use NoScript (as my first installed plugin whenever i set up
Firefox, followed shortly thereafter by the Netcraft toolbar).  Despite
its presence, the lack of a Flash plugin was annoying me greatly on
Facebook, because you have to allow Facebook to run scripts to make it work.

Setting plugin.default_plugin_disabled to false was what fixed it for me.

Paul