Flash - it hurts! Make it stop! :-(

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Thu May 8 02:52:12 BST 2008

On Mon, 5 May 2008 at 17:55, Cefiar <cef at optus.net> wrote:
> Must admit, I am very happy to see Adobe opening up access to the
> specifications finally in a proper way.
> http://www.adobe.com/openscreenproject/

Has anyone reviewed the specifics of this initiative? Have the specs been
released in a manner that can be safely used by FOSS alternatives to Adobe
Flash, such as Gnash?

A few months ago, Microsoft released a heap of documentation on specs and
formats. Reading the fine print revealed that there were a number of clauses
which prevented FOSS projects from using them, including a restriction to
non-commercial efforts.

--
"The less I have to do with customers, the better. I've always felt that the
biggest contribution the commercial vendors do is exactly the fact that they