New User - Need Ubuntu Server Edition.

Peter Shanahan Peter.wizard at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 13 10:36:43 GMT 2008

Hello I am a NEW linux user and I have been trying to get a valid copy of Ubuntu
Server Edition to do a bit of home networking ( and learn something from making
my own mistakes ) however I have tried 4 times to download both versions of
Ubuntu Server on the Web page and burn to disk without ANY luck whatsoever.
The install has failed to run until completion each time stating a failure to
load  X or Y package. I have burnt these at the slowest speed possible to
eliminate potential errors and according to the download software they have
arrived intact. If anyone knows what I am doing wrong or if I can buy a working
copy I would be most pleased to hear from you. I am trying to set them up on an
old COMPAQ ML370 P III 500 with 1280MB RAM and 3 SCSI Disk with RAID 5.   Thanks