OT OpenOffice.org "advertisement" windows java update

Matthew Rossi matthew.penguincentral at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 11:12:09 GMT 2008

Well, keeping in mind OO.org's Sun heritage, I'm not surprised.  In fact, I
can roughly recall some adverts in the windows Java software for OO.org...
But i've mostly forgotten, don't pay much attention to windows anymore's ;)

Bear in mind that this isn't the first time this has happened in the
software world.

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 9:58 PM, Sebastian Spiess <
sebastian.spiess at gmail.com> wrote:

> Recently my work computer said that there is a new Java update available,
> so I updated.
>
> Here is a screenshot of a OpenOffice.org "advertisement" by the java
> updater, it was shown during the install process.
>
> see here
> http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=javaadvertisementforooogb8.png
>
> I am not sure if I like or dislike this.
>
> I think it is good to spread OpenOffice.org but the word advertisement
> alone makes me wan't to "switch off".

Matthew Rossi

I am for Macs, and the open source scene, are you? Read my blog at
www.mattr.co.nr. You can also find my podcast at www.penguincentral.co.nr

Everything you can imagine is real.
Pablo Picasso
Spanish Cubist painter (1881 - 1973)