On Bugs and Linux Quality

Karl Goetz karl at kgoetz.id.au
Thu Jun 26 03:57:33 BST 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-22 at 20:35 +1000, Null Ack wrote:
> Daniel with respect, I did not mean to present that the solution to
> improving the quality of GNU/Linux is for centralised control.
>
> However, people are in control of aspects of Linux - such as release

The way you start out with "control aspects of Linux" makes it hard to
take this seriously, because we have already covered that its not one
big group/org.
Some free software projects release with bugs - thats life. So does
proprietary software.

>  decisions about key sub systems, or release decisions as it relates
> to Distros. These decision makers have the power to conform, or not to
> conform as some unfortunately choose, to decades old principles to do
> with what consitutes an alpha, beta or production release.

[trim the rest]
kk

--
Karl Goetz <karl at kgoetz.id.au>