network shares stopped working

James Takac p3nndrag0n at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 00:49:33 BST 2008

Hi guys

My network (smb) shares have stopped working after the last updates. No
computer can see the others via the network it seems. Main comp is 8.04 and
others still 7.10. One of the 7.10 pc's cann at least see the network name
from my router and displays an error akin to folder contents can not be
displayed when clicking the windows network icon. This one only shows
a "windows network" and nothing beyond. No errors just empty folder and no
pc's or networks. The 8.10 pc does this later trick as well. Any ideas?. btw,
all pc's updated the other day so I'm guessing something to do with the
updates

James