Totally Out of Ideas on Fixing Network Bug

Null Ack nullack at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 16:12:43 BST 2008

Ok so an update on this. Thanks alot for the help with this :)

So I took the advice and disabled ACPI in the BIOS. Wouldnt boot, but
then my research showed adding acpi=off into the grub boot line made
it get into init. The init is messy, with messages like fatal error
cant find battery (battery.ko) twice, and I no longer get times in my
var kernel log outputs. It may very well be issues I can ignore but it
just doesnt feel right.

So I joined the acpi kernel list and reported the issue. I just hope
Andrew Morton is wrong and I get a patch fixing this bug :)

Ive since learnt that Intel has a direct bug line for ACPI issues and
VIA doesnt. VIA is apparently known for ACPI dramas. It is somewhat
comforting to be able to deflect my emotions away from Linux and onto
that evil company called Via!!

I hope this is resolved because then atleast if a fix comes Ive done
something little that will prevent others with the same hardware
having problems into the future.