Totally Out of Ideas on Fixing Network Bug

Null Ack nullack at
Sat Jun 21 13:40:19 BST 2008

Thanks Dave. Its a desktop on a static private IP. The machine is set not to
sleep. All of these details and all of my attempts at resolution are in the
bug notes on
launchpad. It was orignally another persons bug that I confirmed and it
appears while symptoms are the same cause is different. I refuse to give up
but its not looking hopeful for me as I have exhausted all avenues I can
think of short of paying for professional help which I assume would be
$$$$$. :( Im a professional myself (albeit somewhat new to Linux
specifically) so theres some pride / ego here too!