chown/chmod and NTFS-3G

Liam Higgins liamhiggo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 14:13:10 BST 2008

Hello Everyone.
I'm trying to chown a user to be the owner of a directory mounted on an
NTFS volume. The command completes successfully but when I go back to
check if the change was successful the owner and group are still root
with rwxrwxrwx set. Is this a limitation on ntfs-g volumes ? Or is
something wrong with my fstab options? Here is my fstab for the mounted
drive. Is there another file system (besides FAT32) that can be used by
both windows and linux without limitations?
/dev/sdc1 /media/DATA ntfs-3g defaults 0 0

Thanks in advance for any help!

Liam