msi file

James Collier james.collier412 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 08:25:18 BST 2008

Hi David, sounds good!
It should've installed at
~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/CommSec Professional Trader/
You should be able to double-click on CommSecPro.exe
and if the planets align at that exact second it should fire up
perfectly!

Apologies for my lack of enthusiasm,

James

On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 10:15 +1000, david wrote:
> [...]
> > ls commsecpro.msi
> > [/CODE]
> > should print out "commsecpro.msi" on the next line. This means you're in
> > the correct directory.
> > If it results in
> > ls: cannot access commsecpro.msi: No such file or directory
> > you're in the wrong directory and you'll need to "cd" to the correct
> > one.
> >
> > Once you're in the correct directory try running
> > [CODE]
> > msiexec -i commsecpro.msi
> > [/CODE]
> > again.
> >
> > Once installed it doesn't seem to create an item in the wine menu so you
> > can either navigate to the installation folder and double-click on
> > CommSecPro.exe or edit the menu with the gnome menu editor.
> >
> > /*People installing can safely ignore this extended para...**********
> >
> > My apologies Alex Fuller, you were perfectly correct, there is no glue
> > between wine and mono at all. Though it is on the drawing board.
> > By double-clicking on CommSecPro.exe mono executes the application
> > completely independent of wine. Although the installer does seem to
> > depend on wine libraries (winforms), I am unsure how far the interaction
> > goes here.
> > I was also incorrect in assuming dotnetfx.exe was an arbitrary part of
> > Microsoft's .NET implementation. It is in fact the installer for version
> > 1.1 of .NET
> > I did try using this through wine but the installation was _VERY_ dirty
> > and running CommSecPro.exe in this environment produced limited results
> > as compared with running it under mono.
> > ***********************************************************************/
> >
> > I am encountering a problem with network connection now though, I
> > suspect the problem lies with CommSecPro but, not being a member myself
> > I cannot ask for technical support.
> > Look forward to hearing how you went.
> >
> > James
> >
> > On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 20:35 +1000, david wrote:
> > > Hi James
> > > I installed wine ver -1.0-rc3
> > > I also checked that I have the winforms mono
> > > I now get the following when I ry to install commsecpro
> > > Thanks for your help
> > > davod
> > >
> > > david at david-desktop:~$ msiexec -i commsecpro.msi
> > > err:msi:copy_package_to_temp failed to copy package L"commsecpro.msi"
> > > fixme:msi:MSI_OpenDatabaseW open failed r = 80030002 for
> > > L"commsecpro.msi"
> > > david at david-desktop:~$

> > ---
> > /*************************************************
> > *INTERESTING FACT:                               *
> > * Why are restricted formats and software bad?   *
> > * This is the first time in history someone else *
> > * has decided where your music plays!            *
> > * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryXDhXqR-SE     *
> > *************************************************/
> >
> > My System: Ubuntu 8.04 GNU/Linux 2.6.24-18-generic x86_64

---
/*************************************************
*INTERESTING FACT:                               *
* Why are restricted formats and software bad?   *
* This is the first time in history someone else *
* has decided where your music plays!            *
* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryXDhXqR-SE     *

My System: Ubuntu 8.04 GNU/Linux 2.6.24-18-generic x86_64
My website: https://launchpad.net/~james-collier412
   www.morerowdy.blogspot.com

Started: Fri Jun 6 17:20:19 EST 2008