msi file

James Collier james.collier412 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 01:46:25 BST 2008

Hi David,
That's got me stumped I'm afraid.
There's various reasons why
"fixme:spoolsv:serv_main (0 (nil))"
could occur.
Could you run
[CODE]
wine --version
[/CODE]
To tell us what version of wine you are using.
I'm using wine-1.0-rc3.
This may be the root of the problem.
Thanks Alex, I believe there is a glue between mono and wine in the
release candidate I'm using. Adding the Winforms mono libraries fixed a
problem I had when I installed CommSecPro.

If you're not using wine-1.0-rc3, I can only suggest you follow the
instructions at:
http://www.winehq.org/site/download-deb
to add the wineHQ repository to apt. Then download Wine 1.0 RC3

Sorry I can't be more help,

James

On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 22:34 +1000, david wrote:
> Hey James
> I downloaded the Synaptic files and changed the mentioned line.
> I'm not sure if I have moved the commsecpro.msi file to the right place
> but here is the result of running
>
> msiexec -i commsecpro.msi
>
> thanks david
> david at david-desktop:~$ msiexec -i commsecpro.msi
> fixme:spoolsv:serv_main (0 (nil))
> err:msi:copy_package_to_temp failed to copy package L"commsecpro.msi"
> fixme:msi:MSI_OpenDatabaseW open failed r = 80030002 for
> L"commsecpro.msi"
> david at david-desktop:~$
>

> david at david-desktop:~$ msiexec -i commsecpro.msi
> fixme:spoolsv:serv_main (0 (nil))
> err:msi:copy_package_to_temp failed to copy package L"commsecpro.msi"
> fixme:msi:MSI_OpenDatabaseW open failed r = 80030002 for
> L"commsecpro.msi"
> david at david-desktop:~$
>

> On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 21:41 +1000, James Collier wrote:
> > msiexec -i commsecpro.msi

---
/*************************************************
*INTERESTING FACT:                               *
* Why are restricted formats and software bad?   *
* This is the first time in history someone else *
* has decided where your music plays!            *
* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryXDhXqR-SE     *

My System: Ubuntu 8.04 GNU/Linux 2.6.24-17-generic x86_64
My website: https://launchpad.net/~james-collier412
   www.morerowdy.blogspot.com

Started: Thu Jun 5 10:25:15 EST 2008