Hardy Heron OK with Asus graphics cards?

David agora at justemail.net
Sun Jun 1 04:50:40 BST 2008

Hi,

I am new to Linux. I recently got a new computer with two hard drives
(WIN Vista on one of them). Ubuntu sounds great and I’m keen to get hold
of Hardy Heron and try it out on the spare hard drive in my computer and
explore the opportunities that Ubuntu offers.
In Ubuntu forums on the Net I have read that nvidia graphics cards work
better “out of the box” with Ubuntu than ATI ones do.
My new computer has an Asus graphics card (Asus EN8600GT-MG-HTP-512 512
Mb 16X PCI-E).

I am concerned about whether I’ll have trouble with Hardy Heron and this
graphics card, as I haven’t seen much mention of Asus cards in the
forums.
Does anyone know if this Asus card is likely to be compatible with
Ubuntu (for a newbie!)?

Thank you for your time,

Dave
===