Utilities wanted please

andremangan at gmail.com andremangan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 05:07:35 BST 2008

2008/7/24 The Wassermans <dwass at optusnet.com.au>:

> On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 22:45 +1000, Null Ack wrote:
> > Gnome has an app called HardInfo
> >

> I found and downloaded HardInfo from Symantic.  I went into add/remove
> applications to install it but can't find it anywhere there.

I would think that Symantec is far too busy with Peter Norton's security
suites to host HardInfo  ;-)

If you have downloaded it using synaptic (think of the synapse, the
interlink of the nervous system) then it is installed.

Open a terminal and type     hardinfo     and there it is.

To get it added as a menu entry is yet another story.  See if you can work
it out.

Andre