Workstation Productivity

Simon Ives simon at simonives.info
Tue Jul 8 10:43:45 BST 2008

Hi All.

I'm currently writing a document for my university outlining the
productivity benefits of using Linux for workstations.  Before you get
too excited this isn't for the Uni's own workstations but as a guide for
those students who wish to use Linux (the uni would like to
'unofficially' support Linux and would like to have a default list of
applications that they can refer to).  I'll be using Ubuntu as the Linux
example.

I'm wondering if anyone on this list has any suggestions for me?  The
document will be geared towards increasing productivity from a
university student's perspective and be pretty basic.  Things like what
features of Open Office are useful, how to use Tomboy Notes, how to use
Bibus etc.

Once the document is complete I'll also format it into a blog post for
the rest of the Ubuntu community to enjoy too.

Thanks in advance.

(Disclaimer - this is not an assessment item!  I've had issues with
discussion lists before where I was criticised for posting such
requests.  I just want to make sure I've covered the best options)

--
Simon Ives

E - simon at simonives.info
M - simon.ives at live.com.au
W - www.simonives.info

Please consider the environment before printing this email or any
attachments.