Slashdot-like aussie website

Dave Hall ubuntu at skwashd.com
Mon Jul 7 01:22:56 BST 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 09:23 +0930, ishwor wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am a bit curious as to what people here read daily? Obviously, there is no
> slashdot-like page hosted within Australia.
>
> The websites/forums that I regularly visit are slashdot, linuxworld,
> whirlpool, lwn and ddj. Are there any more I am missing from the scene that
> could potentially be of interest?

The Linux Australia Planet [0] is usually pretty good

If you are into web development there is sitepoint.com blogs[1], some of
which is from here.  There is also builderau.com[2] which can have some
good stuff.

There is APCmag.com[3] which has been going down hill steadily for a
while.  I have decided not to renew my print subscription for a few
reasons.  The last straw was when the online version called me a fatty
(with a pic) in a piece about the Google Developer Day.

The Age technology[4] news is slashdot repackaged /. lagging by upto a
week.

I have 50 or 60 feeds I subscribe to, so let me know if you need more
geeky news sources.

Cheers

Dave

[0] http://planet.linux.org.au