Ubuntu upgrades

Karl Goetz karl at kgoetz.id.au
Sat Jul 5 01:18:05 BST 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 09:41 +1000, Peter Garrett wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 11:45:57 +1000
> Leslie Gossner <clownius at gossner.id.au> wrote:
>
> > Oh and i use the US server for al my updates
> > as the default aussie server (optus) is terribly slow to update and down
> > a lot more often than i would like.
>
> Agreed. You can, however, use a number of other Australian mirrors.
> I am currently using Internode's mirror, but there are several others.
>
> ftp.au.debian.org for example has a fast and reliable Ubuntu mirror
> (nice of them!)

kgoetz at wesnoth:~$ host ftp.au.debian.org
ftp.au.debian.org is an alias for mirror.linux.org.au.
mirror.linux.org.au has address 150.203.164.37
mirror.linux.org.au has IPv6 address 2001:388:1034:2900::25
mirror.linux.org.au mail is handled by 10 disco.mirror.linux.org.au.

Which iirc lives at ANU. Nice and quick :)
kk

--
Karl Goetz,
Debian user / Ubuntu contributor / gNewSense contributor