[chat/mel8ourne] Firefox crash when accessing ANZ internet banking

Neil Brown neilb at suse.de
Tue Jan 29 21:00:23 GMT 2008

On Tuesday January 29, bunyipr at gmail.com wrote:
> I can't login either.  I get a small window with no content plus the
> start of the old window with your last login details etc.
>
> I guess we will have to complain loudly.  Fortunately LCA provides a
> forum for this.

But who exactly do we complain too....

I just tried routing traffic to ANZ through my home VPN, and I could
log in with no trouble at all.
Going direct over the LCA network it is sluggish at best, though it
hasn't actually caused iceweasel to crash.

So is it ANZ's fault?  Or LCA's faulty?  or more likely, some subtle
interaction involving some functionality that isn't really covered by
any standard (maybe ANZ is doing some sort of call-back to scan for
vulnerabilities? Maybe something much more innocent.  Who knows?).

NeilBrown