Firefox crash when accessing ANZ internet banking

Daniel Mons daniel.mons at iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 30 00:04:12 GMT 2008

David Whyte wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2008 7:03 AM, Daniel Mons <daniel.mons at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>> I've been using ANZ's website plus Linux/Firefox for 5+ years now with
>> no problems.  I've never had any of the issues mentioned thus far.
>>

> Hi Dan,
>
> Have you tried accessing ANZ lately?  It was working fine for me for a
> week and then it went bad.  I wonder if it is a change that they have
> made to their site somewhere.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave

Yup, used it last night to pay some bills.  All good here.

Internet banking sites use a lot of Java.  Which Java plugins (installed
by the browser, by APT/Synaptic/Add-Remove, and what versions?) are you
using?  (To find out, fire up Firefox and type "about:plugins" into the
location bar).

You can also check to see if you have the Sun JRE installed by typing
"dpkg -l | grep jre" at the command line.

It might be worth your time to delete the plugins in either your
~/.mozilla/firefox/<profilename>/plugins or /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
directories and reinstall them.

If you had a working system up until a week ago, did you do some system
updates at that point?  And if you did, have you tried doing a
system-wide package upgrade since then?

-Dan