Outlook Express [WAS: Re: EeePC]

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Sun Jan 27 02:53:05 GMT 2008

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008, "Chris Jones" <chrisjones at comcen.com.au> wrote:
> Outlook Express is still around and still fully supported by Microsoft.
> It's
> just now known as Windows Mail on Windows Vista. But it's essentially
> the same application as Outlook Express and almost identical in
> functionality.

Windows Mail is a different application, and it only runs on Windows Vista.

Microsoft have already told users of Outlook Express that they will no longer
be supported. Their only upgrade path within the MS space is to upgrade their
whole OS to Vista so that they can get Windows Mail (I'm not counting Live
Mail, as it's a Web app).

It sounds like a bit much to have to upgrade your whole OS just to get a new
mail client.

The obvious solution is to move to Thunderbird instead :)

--
"People confuse 'security' and Trustworthy Computing."
	- Microsoft Senior Vice President Craig Mundie, 2002-02-20