emails open as attachments?

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jan 25 05:56:10 GMT 2008

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 15:52:20 +1030
Karl Goetz <karl at kgoetz.id.au> wrote:

> > I am trying to emulate some preferences I had in Outlook Express.  ie,
> > I want to have my outgoing mails in the font you see here - Comic Sans
> > MS but I want to receive incoming mails in the format they were sent.

It's generally considered bad form to send html mail to mailing lists :-)
Also, most of use won't even see the font you are setting, since our email
clients are not configured to do so. I certainly don't see the font. All
my mail is seen in the font I have configured, which is legible and just
fine as far as I am concerned...

Email is text. I think perhaps the best strategy is to simply send all
your mail as plain text. That way, everyone can read it, and you won't get
complaints from people who dislike receiving html email etc.

Peter

--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 7.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net