eeePC

martin fricke camelgrass at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 02:27:30 GMT 2008

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 22:06:13 +1000, Sridhar Dhanapalan
<sridhar at dhanapalan.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Les Gray <lgray at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>> The eeePC screen res is 800x480, on a 7" screen. It's small, but that's
>> the nature of this device - a portable computer that's even more
>> portable than a laptop.
>>
>> Not long ago I heard a rumour (can't remember where) that there was
>> going to be a model with a 10" screen, but that the idea was scrapped
>> due to the extra power requirements which would reduce the battery life
>> to an unacceptably low level.
>
> A 10 inch version has been announced by Asus. I would assume that being
> larger, it can hold a bigger battery.

The larger 10" version may not be that much larger in dimensions than the
7" version if they move the speakers and make better use of the
potentially available screen space.

Interestingly ASUS already have a 11" notebook in their product range
although way more pricey.

4GB of flash disk space is just too small. I'll wait for the 10" version
that should have at least double the disk space, even if it costs a couple
hundred dollars more it'll be worth it.

Are there any specs released on the new 10" version?