Another call to save the planet.ubuntu.org.au

Blindraven blindraven at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 06:16:51 GMT 2008

I just read over the blog. I loved the turtles but was then put off by one
of the rants about people who intentionally misspell M$. yes, I said it, M$.
I've been using Linux since slack was born, and was forced to use other
sloppy *ixes and bashups beforehand. If I want to hate Microsoft and call
them names, I bloody well will. And I'm sure the hundreds of thousands of
other individuals who feel the same way will continue to do so also.

Its funny, in contrast to reading that statement (*not sure who wrote it*)
that lately not only ubuntu-au but a fair chunk of the sluggers have been
injecting this "Love thy neighbor" propaganda in to the otherwise
unsuspecting viewer. As if to somehow imply that "*Playing nice with
Microsoft scores us cookies and maturity points*" Well it really doesn't.
The only thing it does is tell us a thing or two about what kind of person
you were at school.

Not all of us would act the same we if we dropped the soap, and I'm getting
tired of being told I should play nice with pigs.

Sorry, where am I going with this?
That rant annoyed me. GAH.
*Breathe Tony, breathe*.

On Jan 20, 2008 1:59 AM, Melissa Draper <melissa at meldraweb.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> It's been quite a while since the last call for blogs for Planet Ubuntu.
>
> In contrast to earth, Planet Ubuntu Australia is rather lacking
> population, and we'd love to get it some nice new inhabitants.
>
> Does anyone have a blog that they would like to be syndicated on
> planet.ubuntu.org.au. It need not be on the topic of ubuntu much -- but
> it would be good to at least lean towards the topic of general F/LOSS.
> Alternatively, if your blog is often updated with everything that
> happens in your life and you don't necessarily want it all syndicated,
> many blog software will have category feeds which we can use.
>
> Please email me with details including a link to your blog, your real
> name, and a nickname if you have one.
>
> --
> Sincerely
> Melissa Draper
>
> http://www.meldraweb.com
>
> Phone: 0404 595 395
> (intl): +61 404 595 395
>
> P.O Box 1412
> Lavington, NSW 2641

When one burns ones bridges, what a very nice fire it makes.