Telstra Infiltration?

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jan 19 18:57:05 GMT 2008

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 01:08:33 +1100
Shane Handley <shane.handley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anyone rid me of these bastards? I get stabby whenever I see that
> logo. Or is this something I will be forced to deal with as a BigPond
> user?

This depends on whether they have multiple addresses for their site, but
worth a try... Put this line in your /etc/hosts file:

127.0.0.1  www6.websearch2.bigpond.com

Now any redirect to theirURL will simply point at your machine - if you
have apache running you will see a 404. If not, you'll get an "Unable to
connect.."

Unless they use an actual IP number, I guess....

Peter
--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 7.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net