eeePC

Mark M Lambert mark+linux.ubuntu at marklambert.net
Sat Jan 19 04:14:50 GMT 2008

My missus bought herself an ASUS eeePC the first day they went on sale.
She was supposed to hand it over to me, but she liked it so much she
kept it for herself. She is quite happy with the default Linux install
and doesn't want me to change anything (apart from install Citrix client
for her). I have installed Xubuntu on a 4GB SD and just stick that in
when I want to use it - the SD card also holds my /home directory, so I
never touch her drive. It works like a charm at UNSW, no problems
connecting to the campus VPN, and so much easier than lugging around a
full-size laptop.

On a different topic, I installed Lego Digital Designer using Wine
yesterday, no special config, works like a charm. Shame Lego won't open
source the app.