ubuntu-au Digest, Vol 23, Issue 6

Christopher Lees christopher_lees at iprimus.com.au
Sun Jan 6 03:09:51 GMT 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 12:00 +0000, ubuntu-au-request at lists.ubuntu.com
wrote:

> From: Daniel Morrison <dan at xxxdan.com>
> Subject: Re: Multimedia with ubuntu / kdenlive
>
> Geek tips:
>
> * Kdenlive is a great iMovie equivalent, but it's still essentially
> alpha. Make use of the autosave feature. Set it to 1 minute. Trust me.

I'll bow to your experience here, as I've only used Kdenlive for simple
things. But the only crashes I've experienced have been when trying to
open a second project without restarting Kdenlive first.

> * The version of FFMPEG in the medibuntu repos is incompatible with the
> version of Kdenlive in the official repos. So, for that matter, is
> Compiz Fusion on your desktop. Use official standard ubuntu ffmpeg
> builds with Kdenlive.

How so? They are working in peace and harmony here; I just had to
install another package in order to get FFMPEG to read the sound from
VOB files. The FFMPEG in Medibuntu Gutsy is awesome. I haven't tried
Compiz Fusion with Kdenlive but the Compiz that comes with Gutsy works
fine.