Fw: Dual Booting -Toggle between O/Systems

James Takac p3nndrag0n at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 00:04:57 GMT 2008

On Saturday 05 January 2008 06:43:20 Frode Egeland wrote:
> >     1. How to create a toggle?
>
> On the fly? You need to make your Ubuntu a virtual machine that runs
> inside Windows. Otherwise, you will need to reboot, which is not 'on
> the fly' at all..
>
> >     2. Share or access data files seamlessly between the systems?
>
> For dual-boot: Make a FAT32 partition, which both systems can access
> with full read/write.
> For a VM, I've found that using WinSCP to copy files is easiest.
> Others might have better suggestions?
>
> Cheers,
> Frode

Hi Frode

Depending on the apps he's trying to runm they may run under wine or the
equivalents on ubuntu as well. Or (I forget where it is) there is a list or
eqvivalent programs on the net somewhere. OK, I found it again

http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Linux_software_equivalent_to_Windows_software

James