Brainstorm

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Fri Feb 29 13:42:48 GMT 2008

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Gabriel Noronha <noronha at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> most are stupid ones like please add X program by default. i find these
> pointless as A) there is only so much you can fit on a 700mb disk   B)
> the  popularity contest already looks at which packages are downloaded
> the most.

I basically agree with you, but note that Popularity Contest is an opt-in
service that I suspect many people don't notice unless they know to go
looking for it. This would have the effect of skewing the statistics towards
those who know what it is and how to enable it.

--
"Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugared water or do you
want to change the world?" - Steve Jobs to PepsiCo's John Sculley, 1984