another Lenovo 3000 N200 problem

Gordon Loughnan gordon3913 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Feb 29 11:17:31 GMT 2008

I have the same model that installed without a problem except that both
Windows Vista and Ubuntu no longer recognise my DVD-rom.
Lenovo suggested taking it back to the factory default settings which
gave me back my dvd-rom but again on installing Ubuntu it is lost.
I have taken it back to the factory default again (Vista)
Anyone with any ideas on this one.