Rockbox, iPod nano, and Ubuntu 8.10

Simon Ives simon at simonives.info
Sun Dec 28 13:31:24 GMT 2008

> you in the right direction :)
>
> http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-497739.html
>
> Let us know how it goes.
>
> --
> Sam Jackson / Nandemonai / Junin Toiro

Thanks for the tip but it didn't help out here.

> can you access it as root from Nautilus? before or after remounting?
>
> gksudo nautilus

No, it's still listed as 'read only'.  Although, if I remount in the
terminal emulator and access the iPod from Nautilus while I'm still in
the iPod's directory in the terminal emulator then Nautilus works fine,
sudo or none.  As soon as I leave the iPod's directory from within the
terminal emulator, however, all access other the 'read only' doesn't
function in Nautilus, sudo or none.

I've done a little more searching and it seems that if a corrupt file is
present Ubuntu will mount the iPod as 'read only'.  I've deleted all of
the audio on the iPod and I'm still having the same issue so I'm
assuming that one (or more) of the Rockbox files is corrupt.  I'll have
a go at removing and reinstalling Rockbox next weekend and see if that
helps.  In the meantime I'll just use the method I mentioned in my
previous email to interact with the iPod.

--

Simon Ives

simon at simonives.info
www.simonives.info

Please consider the environment before printing this email or any
attachments.