Menu Editor for the Application Launcher Menu (widget)

Peter Williams pewtas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 22:21:40 BST 2008

Hi Linux Ubuntu folk,

I had been active on the "ubuntu-au at lists.ubuntu.com" email list --
however, I'm not getting an answer to this issue on there... so I
decided to ask on the Ubuntulinux Yahoo! Group.

2008/8/8 ishwor <ishwor at tpg.com.au>:

> 1) Go to console (ALT+F2 and type "xterm")
> 2) Type "kmenuedit" and press enter.

Okay... that works, and I can edit my submenus and menu items. But
only one at a time. And I don't see how to sort them (e.g. it would be
nice to have my submenus and menu items appear alphabetically).

Quoted from my message (below):

I now have 2 questions:

1) How can I make all of my menus and submenus and menu items be
SORTED -- instead of not sorted (which is what they currently are).

2) When I edited the submenus and menu items, I selected each item one
at a time. Is there a way that I can select multiple menu items (e.g.
like holding the control key or using the shift key -- to select more
than just one menu item)

Fond Regards and Best Wishes,
PEW
from Hobart, Tassie, 'Down Under'