Optus wireless broadband

Leslie Gossner clownius at gossner.id.au
Thu Aug 7 05:38:59 BST 2008

Dave Hall wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 16:41 +0930, Paul Schulz wrote:
>
>> Hi Glenn,
>>
>> (Not exactly the answer you're after but..)
>> It worked easily with the EEEPC configuration tool
>>
>> With the 3G USB dongle, should be detected up as a GPRS/UMTS modem.
>>

> That sounds like you got the E220, which is being phased out by Optus.
> The E169 which is also offered by 3 requires a couple of udev hacks to
> get it working or else it shows up as a usb mass storage device with
> windows and mac drivers on it.
>
> Cheers
>
> Dave

I have an E169 from 3 mobile and didnt require the udev hacks.  Mine was
seemingly happy to detect as a modem. Im still working out all the
settings for 3 so i can hold connection but i can check my signal levels
and data usage fine now and havent had time to transfer all the settings
over from 'doze.

This was mentioned on the list before in relation to bigpong but its how
i managed to communicate with my 3 modem.
https://forge.betavine.net/projects/vodafonemobilec/