softqware for Molds test??

squareyes squareyes at internode.on.net
Tue Apr 29 16:52:03 BST 2008

Paul Shirren wrote:
> squareyes wrote:
>> Does anyone know of any software I could install to allow a Telstra
>> tec to do a Molds Test on
>> my machine. Everything seems to be firmly Windows entrenched.
>
> Install the minicom package using the package manager.
>
> Open a terminal and type minicom. You may need to reconfigure it to
> your serial port.
>
> You can use atdt followed by the phone number supplied by Telstra.
>
> It just needs a dumb terminal so any terminal program on any OS will do.
>
> Thanks for bringing back memories of the 1990s.

Many thanks Paul,
Here we don't get reminded of the past, we in Telstra's infinite wisdom
still live in it. Surprised they still don't use uni and bi-selectors in
the local exchange :-)
Am trying to convince Telstra to stop ripping me off, had 33 drop outs
since 26 Jan and would
really like some of my money back.  They did a Molds test today using
their laptop, which showed as being fine, which it is most of the time,
but they won't do anything until they actually use my machine.
Have tried 2 different modems (external) on 2 different machines with
the drop outs still occurring.
Still waiting for the Government's promise of broadband for all, but
have been through HBIS and other programmes, all came to nothing, still
only dialup access and am not holding my breath that things will
change.. Can get access with Telstra's next G system, but is very expensive,
Where I live standard mobile phones don't work, only cdma and next G
phones are any good.
Take Care
Winton