Digital TV hardware?

Chris Debenham chris at adebenham.com
Mon Apr 14 04:41:27 BST 2008

I am currently using a Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T card in my Mythtv
box.  I can't remember how much it cost because I got it a while ago but
I think it was around $150 or less.
Standard Gutsy install and it works okay, no special drivers required -
but occasionally I get usb disconnects (the card is a pci card but the
tuners turn up as usb-tuners) which causes mythtv to stop recording.
To get around this I setup 'monit' to monitor the messages log and
restart the dvb card whenever this happens.

Chris