script on unmount

Sebastian Spiess sebastian.spiess at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 10:55:52 BST 2008

hi all,
I want to sync some of my USB dongle folders when I plug it in. I think I worked that out: create a rule
/etc/udev/rules.d/85-usbstick.rules and call the script to sync.

But how about when I want to unplug the thing? Then there is no usb/hotplug event. Would the simplest thing be a script
with unmount/eject at the end?
How could I call this script through the icon (unmount menu) on the desktop?
How to make the eject/unmount wait until rsync is done?

by the way what's the difference between unmount and eject?

thanks Sebastian