linksys help needed

James Takac p3nndrag0n at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 01:33:52 BST 2008

Hi Paul

On Monday 07 April 2008 12:32:29 Paul Gear wrote:
> James Takac wrote:
> > Hi Paul
> >
> > Linksys router is at 192.168.1.1
> > netgear is at            192.168.0.1
> >
> > To me that seems quite different
> >
> > or is there another way I should check?
>
> Double-check that the netmask is /24 (i.e. 255.255.255.0).  It usually
> is, but it doesn't hurt to be sure.  If that's the case, i'm out of
> ideas unless you can provide some way of looking at the entire
> configuration of both systems (or better yet, a tcpdump capture of all
> traffic on the Linksys).
>
> Paul

The mask is as you suggest. This weekend when I get more time to go into it I
can either take screenshots and upload em somewhere so as not to tie up other
peoples email accounts and link to them or I can write down the various
settings of both modem and router and post those

I don't mind admitting this router is driving me up the wall. Have had no
probs setting up others in the past. btw, the router has both routher and
gateway modes if that makes any difference

James

--
When you give a shilling to a beggar
do you realise that you are giving it to yourself?

Wei Wu Wei