No subject

Thu Oct 18 14:49:24 BST 2007

The plan is to be able to run command like the following from windows..
  'ssh <your-server> shutdown -h now'
(by clicking an icon)

--- alternative1, which just came to me --

Install apache2, have a perl cgi script which runs as 'suid root', which
when accessd issues the 'shutdown command'.

-- alternative2 --

Have cron job which checks for the existance of a file 'shutdown' in a
particular directory... removes it and issues the command when found.

eg.
--
#!/bin/bash

if [ -f /path/to/file/shutdown-now ]; then
  shutdown -h now
fi