Domain won't connect

Lisa lisa at ltmnet.com
Wed Oct 31 00:53:51 GMT 2007

Oops, just sent this from the wrong email account, so it's waiting for
approval.
But here it is again anyway...

An intriguingly frutrating problem occured to a friend of mine yesterday,
which I wasn't able to fix...

She's got Gutsy on a system I built for her a few months ago, I don't
actually think the problem is at her end though...

Everything is working fine, except for one domain that she can't connect
to. The domain resolves fine, so it's not a nameserver issue. She just can
not get a connection to the server, she tried accessing the site by IP,
still no connection... ping returns 100% packet loss... and wget just
hangs when trying to connect, just like the browsers do.

As it's a forum, I thought it'd be good to check she's not IP banned, so I
ssh'd into one of my servers, opened links, and went to the forum, logged
into her admin account there and no, she's not IP banned.

She rang Optus, and after they said 'went don't support Linux' several
times, we eventually got out of them that no, the domain is not blocked.

So now I'm lost, I've given her a shell account on one of my server's so
she can at least get into the forum on a textmode browser that way.

Can anyone think of some reason for this that I can't?

Thanx,
Lisa

--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client on Ubuntu Linux